In the era of technology, dentistry, in particular, has undergone a significant transformation with the implementation of digital workflow. This innovative approach utilizes cutting-edge technology to capture images, design personalized treatments, and improve precision in procedures. At SOi, we want to show you, based on our own experience, the benefits and how the dental sector and its professionals are witnessing the changes brought about by this system.
The mechanisms that lead to the success of digital workflow:
- Intraoral Scanning: This is one of the key components. Instead of using traditional impressions with putty, digital intraoral scanners are employed to capture 3D images of the teeth and oral structures. They are fast, accurate, and allow you, as a professional, to obtain an exact virtual representation of the mouth, eliminating the need for multiple takes.
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD): Software that enables visualizing the patient’s mouth on a screen and precisely planning each treatment. With intuitive tools, you can perform virtual simulations of procedures such as implant placement, orthodontic planning, and dental restoration.
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM): After the design in CAD software, computer-aided manufacturing is used to create customized dental restorations. This involves the use of milling or 3D printing technology to produce prosthetics, crowns, veneers, or other restorations directly in the dental office.
- Communication and Collaboration: The aforementioned tools facilitate better workflow among professionals in the field. This is because digital images can be easily shared among dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, and other specialists, enabling joint planning and a multidisciplinary approach to treatment almost instantly, leading to improved final results for the patient.
- Enhancement of the Patient Experience: Digital workflow in dentistry offers numerous benefits for patients. Firstly, it eliminates the need for uncomfortable and unpleasant impressions, improving comfort during dental visits. Additionally, by reducing procedure duration and the need for multiple appointments, the total treatment time is minimized, resulting in a more convenient and efficient experience for the patient.
- Improved Outcomes: Thanks to the precision and customization offered by digital workflow, treatment outcomes are consistently superior. As a professional, you can engage in more precise planning, virtually evaluate results before initiating treatment, and obtain restorations and prosthetics that fit perfectly in the patient’s mouth. This translates into improved oral function and enhanced aesthetics.
Currently, due to our daily work, we can attest that digital workflow in dentistry has transformed the way dental treatments are diagnosed, planned, and performed. From intraoral scanning to computer-aided design and manufacturing, this innovative technology has shaken the industry. You can review some of our services and their detailed manufacturing here. If you have any doubts about transitioning to digital dentistry, please don’t hesitate to contact us.